Dog owners and pet walkers are told to be on extra alert after tennis balls were found stuffed with razor blades inside.
The Greater Manchester Police in the UK are investigating after a small Stanley knife blade was found inside two tennis balls that a couple of puppies had picked up in Lyme Park in the Stockport area, which is a suburb of Manchester.
It was posted on the Stockport Crime Watch Facebook page by the owner of the dogs that these weren’t the only tennis balls that found in the park. Balls had been hidden among the reeds, placed there by someone intentionally. The entire point was to hurt dogs in the park.
The owner of the puppies who found the ball with the razor blade said they “can’t bear to think of the consequences,” but thankfully, her dog was unharmed.
The incident was reported to both the local police as well as the park rangers. But, the Facebook post is drawing lots of attention – the initial post read:
“URGENT ATTENTION FOR DOG OWNERS WALKING THEIR DOGS IN LYME PARK, DISLEY.
This ball containing a new razor blade inside was picked up by my dogs in the reeds adjacent to the Knott car park at the far end of Lyme Park at 6.00 pm 24th May. It has been doctored by someone who evidently has malevolent intentions towards dogs. My puppies carried it back to the car and chewed it up. We found this vicious razor blade inside. The pond life responsible may use poison or there may be more doctored balls in the vicinity. The police and the rangers at Lyme have been informed and have assigned an incident number IML410822. Please let them know of any further developments.
Please be vigilant- my dogs just found this old ball set in the reeds hidden for them to find. I even threw it for them! I can’t bear to think of the consequences…”
URGENT ATTENTION FOR DOG OWNERS WALKING THEIR DOGS IN LYME PARK, DISLEY. This ball containing a new razor blade…
Sadly, this isn’t the first time that someone has maliciously or intentionally wanted to hurt dogs.
In April, state and federal wildlife agencies were looking for someone they believed was intentionally poisoning dogs with meat. They had also found dead coyotes, raccoons, weasels, and a wolf because of this person’s horrible act.
“The poison was found on the ground on public properties managed by the U.S. Forest Service and the Goodman Timber Co. Each dog died less than 30 minutes after ingesting the poisoned meat, according to the DNR.
Regional conservation warden David Zebro said one dog owner reported their pet was foaming at the mouth and had a seizure after eating the poison.
In all four cases where the dogs died, the poisoned meat was found in a road ditch, Zebro said. The DNR encourages dog owners to keep their pets on a leash when outside and keep them away from roadside ditches,” reported the Green Bay Press.
So far, no one has been caught in this case either. If anyone has any information leading to either case, please reach out to authorities. For the Wisconsin case, call or text 1-800-847-9367. For the UK case, call +44 161 872 5050 or visit their website.
Please share this story to make all dog owners aware of these cases.
Be diligent about watching your dog when you’re out in public. It only takes one second for them to get their mouths on something they shouldn’t.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group