Your privacy is critically important to us. At Shareably Media, LLC (“Shareably” or “we” or “us”) we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it (we can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason).
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
1. Protection of Your Information. We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
2. Type and Purpose of Collection. We collect information at various points in the Website to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Website, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address, location data (which is anonymous) and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Website. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies”, which contains only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website may be limited.
(b) Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Website, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To create your account;
- To send you confirmation of your registration;
- To administer your account;
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Website;
To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
You may opt out of such notifications through your device or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the abovementioned purposes. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Website, but may include, without limitation: (i) your name, mailing address, phone number and email address; (ii) credit card information and charge history; (iii) unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password; (iv) preferences information such as product or content interests, communication or marketing preferences; (v) device information and data; and (vi) Twitter and Facebook identity.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Shareably may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Shareably, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
3. Right to Examine Information. You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
4. Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to email@example.com. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website may be limited.
5. Sharing Information. We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
(a) Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic or marketing services such as Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Taboola, or RevContent, to which collection you hereby unconditionally consent.
(b) Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
(c) Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
(d) Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
6. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Shareably does not track its users across third party websites, nor does it allow third parties to collect Personal Information on our Website. As such, our service does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” requests. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
7. External Links. The Website contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
10. Persons Under 18. The Website is not marketed toward persons under the age of 18. If Shareably discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age 18, it will promptly delete such information. Any individual under the age of 18, who may have inadvertently posted content or Personal Information on our Website, may request that such content and Personal Information be completely removed at any time by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Choices and How To Opt Out Of Interest-Based Advertising
(a) Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising Services by Shareably
(b) Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising by Third Parties on the Shareably Site
Shareably may permit third parties to collect information on its Site and combine that information with other information collected on non-affiliated websites or applications over time. These third parties may use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about Consumers’ or Customers’ use of the Site in order to analyze, report on, or customize content or advertising on the Shareably Site or on other sites, or to help us operate and improve the Site. To find out more about interest-based advertising in the web environment, and how to opt-out of information collection for this purpose by companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, visit NAI’s opt-out page or DAA’s Consumer Choice Page.