Dogs
Adorable dog accidentally sets kitchen on fire trying to get some treats
Whoopsies.
Luis Gaskell
01.18.23

You might think your pets are troublemakers, but I doubt they’re as big troublemakers as this dog.

While your pets may be spilling things on the carpet, tearing up the sheets, or leaving dead squirrels on the porch, this woman’s dog nearly destroyed her home. And it was all for some cookies.

This woman’s dog set her house on fire after accidentally setting the stove on.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

I know some of us will do anything for some homemade cookies but this is a bit much! The dog, whose name is Twitch, sets on the burner.

After a while, the fire grew to a dangerous size. There was a real threat of the house burning down.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

What a mischievous little pup, isn’t she?

You could say this is why you shouldn’t leave food on the tables when you have dogs this size.

All it took was a bit of curiosity from Twitch, and now a fire is burning in the kitchen.

Their mom, and the homeowner, Megan Black, wasn’t home.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

Megan was about 20 miles away.

Thankfully, she had a smoke alarm at home that was linked to her phone.

The small doggy-driven blaze in the kitchen set off the alarm and she received a notification from her phone about it.

I can’t imagine being that far from home while a fire is burning.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

Megan, however, had someone she could trust: her neighbor Cissy Blaisure.

Cissy was happy to help but she thought calling 911 was a better idea. Nonetheless, they didn’t have all day so Cissy didn’t waste any time.

“I was stunned, honestly. I really didn’t know what to do. I feel like I froze.”

First order of business was the dogs.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

Cissy made sure to get the two dogs out to safety before worrying about putting out the fire.

Once the dogs were brought outside, Cissy set her eyes on the burning flames and how to put them out.

To think that this all happened because Megan left some cookies on the stove!

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

Megan insisted over the phone that Cissy let the fire department handle it.

They were yet to arrive and Cissy was adamant.

While Megan worried about her neighbor’s safety, Cissy wasn’t letting fear stop her.

She was putting the fire out and almost had it already, so why stop now?

“I’m not gonna get out I’m almost done, I almost have it!” she told Megan over the phone

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

Cissy saved Megan’s dogs and her home. She put out the fire before the fire department arrived.

Talk about doing their job for them! But still, that was no small feat that she pulled off.

Megan was as thankful as can be for it. She fought back tears when she spoke of how brave and kind her neighbor was for doing all of this.

YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition
Source:
YouTube Screenshot - Inside Edition

As for Twitch, the dog who started it all, I hope she didn’t get scolded too much. She just wanted cookies after all!

Click the video below to learn more about this story.

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.

Article Sources:
To learn more read our Editorial Standards.
By Luis Gaskell
[email protected]
Luis Gaskell is a contributor at SBLY Media.
Advertisement
Advertisement