So to help you out a bit, here’s a good long list of some things you should basically never do to your cat. You know, because you might be unknowingly doing something wrong, even if you have good intentions!
Your cat may not thank you, but they’ll definitely appreciate it. Plus, you’re doing this because you love them, right?
1) Do Not Neglect to Brush Your Cat’s Teeth
2) Always Give Your Cat Love and Attention
Make sure to give your cat, or cats, plenty of love and affection. If you have multiple cats, then the need for attention is not as great. You should still try to spend at least a little time each day giving your cat the attention it needs, especially if it’s your only cat.
3) Do Not Dress Your Cat Up
While you might think it’s cute to dress your cats up, this is a practice you should stop immediately. Not only does it make for awkward interactions with other pets, it can also cause them harm. Costumes that are too restrictive can actually impede proper blood circulation in your cat.
4) Never Punish Your Cat
5) Never Leave Your Cat in Complete Darkness for an Extended Length of Time
6) Never Neglect Taking Your Cat to the Veterinarian
7) Never Keep Your Cat From Exposure to the Outside World
8) Never Let Multiple Cats Share the Same Litter Box
9) Never Back Your Cat Into a Corner
10) Do Not Forget to Insure Your Cat
11) Never Push Your Cat Off of the Counter
12) Never Forget to Clean Your Cat’s Water Dish
13) Never Overfeed Your Cat
14) Do Not Fail to Get Your Cat Spayed or Neutered
15) Never Declaw Your Cat
16) Do Not Ignore Your Cat’s Hairballs
17) Make Sure to Clean Your Cat’s Litter Box
18) Do Not Fail to Get Your Cat Microchipped
19) Never Pull Your Cat’s Tail
20) Never Overmedicate Your Cat
21) Never Leave Your Indoor Cat Outdoors Unsupervised
If you have an indoor cat, make sure to supervise her when taking her outdoors. Cats that are not used to being outdoors can react in a variety of ways, including curiosity, fright, or even confusion. All you need is for your cat to dash into traffic, unaware of the danger.
22) Never Expose Your Cat to Secondhand Smoke
23) Never Throw Your Cat
Do not throw your cat. While some might think it’s funny, or maybe they just like being mean to cats, throwing a cat can lead to serious injury. So, always treat your animals gently and with respect. While your cat might not get physically hurt, you could damage her mentally.
24) Never Tease Your Cat With a Laser Pointer
25) Never Intentionally Scare Your Cat
26) Never Hold Your Cat While Driving
27) Do Not Ignore Your Cat’s Body Language
28) Do Not Play With Your Cat Too Roughly
29) Never Neglect to Trim Your Cat’s Claws
30) Never Skip Your Cat’s Treatments
31) Never Leave Your Windows Open
32) Don’t Ignore Your Cat’s Bathroom Habits
33) Do Not Be Too Loud Around Your Cat
34) Never Assume Your Cat Is Fine
35) Do Not Neglect to Groom Your Cat
If you like this article, please SHARE it with your friends and family.