If you have a dog or are just a dog lover, then you know – dogs love their treats! But, when you buy dog treats at the store, do you really know what’s in them? Most people don’t bother to read the ingredient list and, if they did, would be shocked to know what kind of yucky stuff was being used to make them!
A simple solution to this problem is – make your own!
Even if you’re not the best chef in the world, there are so many easy recipes that require almost no effort (or ingredients!) at all.
Here are 40 super easy dog treat recipes that have less than 5 ingredients!
Your dog is going to love these homemade treats. They taste yummy and they were made with love.
1. Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Treats
2. Frozen Peanut Butter and Yogurt Treats
3. Sweet Potato Fries
4. Homemade Bacon Dog Treats
“Combine whole wheat flour, wheat germ, melted bacon fat (you get to eat the bacon!), 1 egg and water. Mix together into a dough, roll out and cut into small bars, poke little divots into them with a chopstick or something similar, place on a cookie sheet, and bake. Not only do they taste good, but they look beautiful, too,” says This Dogs’ Life.
5. Yummy Gummy Treats
6. Pumpkin Carrot Bites
7. Frozen Pup Pops
8. Pumpkin-Blueberry-Bacon Pupsicles
“Get some canned pumpkin, fresh blueberries, bacon, water and rawhide chew sticks. (If you aren’t a fan of rawhides, you can use carrot sticks.) Blend together pumpkin, crumbled bacon and water until smooth, though leave or add some crumbled bacon bits. Get a popsicle mold, put three or four blueberries on the bottom, and pour the mixture on top. Use the rawhide chews for the popsicle sticks. Let freeze for a few hours. Serve with a tropical drink with an umbrella (only kidding),” explains This Dog’s Life.
9. Salmon and Sweet Potato Brownies
10. Sweet Potato Banana Biscuits
11. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Treats
12. Pumpkin Pie Cookies
13. Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats
14. Fruity Frosty Frozen Hearts
15. Frozen Apple Dog Treat
16. Two-Ingredient Treats
17. Banana Almond Puppy Treats
18. Chicken Wild Rice Treats
19. Three-Ingredient Chicken Dog Biscuits
20. Peanut Butter Banana Treats
21. Doggie Delights
22. Watermelon Dog Treats
23. Four-Ingredient Pumpkin Peanut Butter Treats
24. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Biscuits
25. Cheesy Bone Treats
26. Apple Carrot Treats
27. Carob Crunchers
28. Grain-Free Dog Treats
29. Vegan Grain-Free Dog Treats
30. Diabetic Dog Treats
31. Beef Liver Snaps
32. Apple Pretzels
33. Blackberry Biscuits
34. Mini Omelette
35. Frozen Meat Treats
36. Red, White, and Blue Yogurt Pops
37. Straight Up Biscuits
38. Ginger Apple Dog Treats
39. Best of Breed Dog Biscuits
40. Frozen Fall Pumpkin Treats