“Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
A soldier, a doctor, a firefighter, a construction worker, a nurse, a police officer — every man or woman who is in these professions are putting their lives at risk every day to keep everyone safe.
Working alongside these heroic people, you’ll often find four-legged heroes. This includes therapy dogs who help comfort patients, K9s who assist police officers, and military dogs who help sniff out bombs. Plus, there are also many stories of heroic pups saving their owners from life-threatening situations.
These unsung heroes do an amazing job at keeping people safe and happy. Here are 35 paw-some heroes that deserve celebrating.
1. A much-needed nap time
2. Canine in training
3. Mac doing some hurdles
4. Sadie and Hot Dog the fire safety mascot
5. Courageous dog doing a military workout
6. Comfort dog at your service
7. “Please pet me!”
8. Guard on duty
9. “Sniff, sniff, bark, bark…” the bomb has been detected
10. Jake the fire dog
11. Service dog meditating
12. Dogs away!
13. We got a new stationmaster
14. The court dog
15. Therapy dogs providing comfort
16. Ricochet the paw-surfer
17. Dog saved his owner from the brink of death
18. A few words before being deployed to war
19. Bart the helpful
20. The tools master
21. Abbie saves the day!
22. An inseparable bond
23. These dogs are ready to make someone happy!
24. One of the heroes of 9/11
25. In sickness and in health, dogs will be there for you
26. One of Mexico’s real heroes
27. An amazing mother
28. Guardian of the herd!
29. An incredible act of bravery
30. A sweet dog deserves huge recognition
31. Molly saves the day!
32. The beautiful Storm
33. He was a service dog for 10 years
34. A small dog with the biggest heart
35. The most loyal dog of all-time
Hachiko and his owner, Professor Hidesaburō Ueno, always met each other at Shibuya station after work. One day, Hachiko went to the station, but Ueno was nowhere to be found. The dog never knew that his master had passed away due to cerebral hemorrhage. Hachi never gave up searching for his master, and he went to Shibuya station every day hoping his master would come home. Hachiko was 11 years old when he died, and a group of locals decided to make a bronze statue to commemorate Hachi and praise his loyalty.
There are still plenty of dogs who became heroes not included on this list, but someday all their efforts will be recognized. As humans, all we need to do is take care of them and make them feel that they are part of a family. They are not just “dogs” — they are furry creatures who deserve to be loved.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page