The saying that dogs are man’s best friend tends to prove itself true again and again.
There are few feelings better than coming home after a long day to your loyal furry companion wagging his tail, happy to see you. Still, although we can get a general mood from our animals at most times, it’s hard to know exactly what they’re thinking or how to communicate with them. Though dogs have their own way of expressing themselves, there are still plenty of ways that we can communicate more clearly with them that we love them.
With no further ado, here are 15 ways to tell your dogs you love them.
1. Talk to your dog.
2. Do your best to be a good listener.
3. Use gentle and direct eye contact.
4. Make plenty of expressions using your eyebrows.
5. Lean on your dog.
6. Try sleeping next to your dog.
7. Take your dog on a walk.
8. Spend time grooming or massaging them.
9. Rub your dog behind the ears.
10. Feed your dogs right out of your hand.
11. Use positive reinforcement.
12. Be clear and open with your emotions.
13. Try starting your day with some quiet time with your dog.
14. Leave plenty of toys around the house.
15. Take your dog on plenty of car rides.
While having a dog can be a big commitment, it can also be hugely fulfilling and add a lot of value to your life. Though it goes without saying, dogs are so friendly and loyal when they’re treated properly and shown a lot of love. Although every dog is different, the tips on this list are sure to make you more emotionally open and aware with your animal—and it will definitely pay off as well. Do you have any special ways that you show your dog that you love them? Let us know in the comments below.